Every Picture Tells a Story, Don't It?


Back in April of 2009 I blogged a few of my Favorite Things... which included an image of a trophy given to "The Parisian Cloak Company," in Kansas City for best dressed store window during the United Fashion Show in 1915.

Recently I was contacted by Joe Boeckholt. Joe stumbled upon my trophy photo and gave me some interesting history on it. Harzfeld's specialty store of Kansas City was originally known as the Parisian Cloak Company and was started in 1890. Small world, eh?

Last year Joe and Michele authored a book on Harzfeld's. The Boeckholts uncover the story behind Harzfeld's specialty store, from its first offering of coats, blouses, petticoats and furs to the beloved Petticoat Lane flagship location and regional network of satellite stores.

If you're interested in Kansas City history, this is a great read. You can purchase it here and visit Joe & Michele's blog here.

Thanks Joe & Michele for my copy of this book!

Comments

Decor To Adore said…
I love to hear the history of such beauty!

I wanted to invite you over to Fabulous French Fridays at the Metis Linens blog as I know you too love the French lifestyle.

Your presence would add a bit of oh la la. :)

http://metislinens.blogspot.com

Au Revoir!
Hi Lynn!! Im so glad i found your blog, just popping around via internet treasures blogs :)) Im of course one of your newest follower..I think your pictures are so inspirational and I will be back..and Yes every picture has a story :)) pleas welcom to visit my blig :)) have a great day //Marie

Popular Posts